Name: Mrs. Edna U. Tolentino
Position: MPDC/Zoning Officer
Function: Planning and Coordinating of Development Projects
Facilitate municipal development economically and effectively.
Ensure the preparation and adoption of plans responsive to local needs.
Enhance development in coordination with provincial, regional and national plans.
The Planning and Development Office shall:
1. Formulate integrated economic, social, physical, and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local development council;
2. Conduct continuing studies, researches, and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation;
3. Integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different function groups or agencies;
4. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects, and activities in the city in accordance with the approved development plan;
5. Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the local development council;
6. Analyze the income and expenditure patterns, and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the local finance committee as provided under Title Five, Book II of the Local Government Code;
7. Promote people participation in development planning within the municipality;
8. Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the local development council;
9. Exercise such other powers and perform such other functions and duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.