1. Exercise general supervision and control over all programs, projects, services, and activities of the municipal government.
2. Enforce all laws and ordinances relative to the governance of the municipality and the exercise of its corporate powers provide for under Section 22 of the Local Government Code, implement all approved policies, programs, projects, services, and activities of the municipality.
3. Initiate and maximize the generation of resources and revenues, and apply the same to the implementation of the development plans, program objective and priorities as provided for under Section 18 of the Local Government Code, particularly those resources and revenues programmed for agro-industrial development and countrywide growth and progress.
4. Ensure the delivery of basic services and the provision of adequate facilities as provided for under Section 17 of the Local Government Code.
5. Exercise such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinances.